Facility Management Membership is as diverse as Facility Management and includes any individual significantly engaged in or directly supports Facility Management and Business Continuity Planning/Continuity of Operations Planning.
1. Connection. You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for Facility Management in Austin.
2. Monthly Membership Luncheons. The Monthly Membership Luncheons provide quality education and networking for Facility Management professionals, and you receive a significant discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Monthly Membership Luncheons and attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Policy. You can contribute to City of Austin issues and make sure your voice is heard. Efforts are made to advocate for priority Facility Management issues. Participate in activities that impact you, your profession and your community.
4. Certification. IFMA offers the CFM certification for a member that meets a specific level of professional competency. Facility Managers seek professional certification for multiple reasons – As an indicator of professional experience and competency; Professional recognition acquired through a rigorous certification process; Commitment to continuing education; and career advancement opportunities.
5. Networking. You have many opportunities to network with Facility Management professionals in our city, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events begin with the Monthly Membership Luncheons and continue with Facility Tours and Social Events such as the Professional Mixer, Holiday Party, Golf tournament and Bowling Tournament. In addition, Community Service Events are organized to benefit area charities. When we collect colleagues across organizations within Facility Management, the resulting synergy could not be achieved alone.
6. Affiliation. You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 150 Facility Management professional in our city and region. Add your voice to the voices of others in building a powerful IFMA and Austin.
7. Informational Services. Develop your situational awareness and common operating picture, be better informed.
8. Leadership Opportunities. You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self- promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects. Get involved, expand your skills and your horizons.
9. Recognition. You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievement in Facility Management. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment. You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life. Like life, Facility management is a team sport.