Top Five Reasons to Become an IFMA Member:
IFMA is recognized as the leading authority on facility management. IFMA has established a worldwide presence to monitor issues affecting the workplace globally. Working with other workplace-related organizations, IFMA also promotes awareness and impacts trends affecting the future of FM.
2. Networking and Interaction
IFMA supports the most connected community of facility managers in the industry, and our community grows stronger each year. With 126 local chapters, 14 industry-specific councils and a host of special events offered throughout the year, IFMA's networking opportunities are second to none.
3. Professional Development
Whether you are preparing for certification or simply want to improve your current skills, IFMA's Professional Development seminars and courses help you acquire valuable tools and techniques, gain insight into the complexities of FM and learn strategies for increasing on-the-job effectiveness.
4. Professional Certification
IFMA's Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program promotes professional excellence, establishes global standards for professional practice, promotes the added value of the profession and helps to influence the future direction of facility operations worldwide.
5. Member Resources
At no extra cost or at significantly reduced rates, IFMA provides its members with a wealth of educational, career enhancement and personal development resources.
How does membership in IFMA benefit my company?
- Increased efficiency and productivity in its facility management team
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking studies
- Reduced liability risks by keeping staff informed of important issues and legislation affecting the workplace
- Access to state-of-the-art, cost-effective product and service solutions to meet your diverse workplace needs
As an IFMA member, you receive:
- Discounts on seminars, events and merchandise.
- Access to IFMAnet, the members-only Internet site, enabling you to network with approximately 17,500 members worldwide through the online Membership Directory.
- Access to JOBnet, IFMA's online job referral service.
- Educational and networking opportunities through local chapters and special-interest councils.
- Opportunities to be recognized through IFMA's Awards of Excellence program.
- Invitations to premier facility management events such as IFMA's World Workplace.
- Bimonthly issues of Facility Management Journal, the single best source of information for facility professionals.
- Monthly editions of IFMA News, brimming with information on what's happening globally in the IFMA community.
To join IFMA, click here.