Benefits of IFMA Membership
IFMA membership gives you the industry information, professional interaction and essential resources necessary to remain competitive. IFMA represents the most connected community of facility managers in the industry, and our community grows stronger each year.
IFMA members have access to resources that help them solve job-related problems.
- A useful network of professional contacts
- Pose questions on an IFMA Council listserv for immediate answers
- Attend local chapter meetings and discuss work challenges with colleagues, many of whom have faced similar problems and may be able to offer guidance and insight
- Attend IFMA's World Workplace Conference and Expo—international gatherings of industry professionals seeking education, information and interaction
- Acquire professional certification through IFMA's Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program, a measure of proficiency for competent facility managers and an industry standard
- Self-study courses
- Leadership development
- Online job referral service
- Online Membership Directory
- Best practices
- Online Buyer's Directory
- Facility Management Journal
- IFMA News
How does membership in IFMA benefit my company?
- Increased efficiency and productivity in its facility management team
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking studies
- Reduced liability risks by keeping staff informed of important issues and legislation affecting the workplace
- Access to state-of-the-art, cost-effective product and service solutions to meet your diverse workplace needs
As an IFMA member, you receive:
- Discounts on seminars, events and merchandise.
- Access to IFMAnet, the members-only Internet site, enabling you to network with approximately 17,500 members worldwide through the online Membership Directory.
- Access to JOBnet, IFMA's online job referral service.
- Educational and networking opportunities through local chapters and special-interest councils.
- Opportunities to be recognized through IFMA's Awards of Excellence program.
- Invitations to premier facility management events such as IFMA's World Workplace.
- Bimonthly issues of Facility Management Journal, the single best source of information for facility professionals.
- Monthly editions of IFMA News, brimming with information on what's happening globally in the IFMA community.
To join IFMA, click here.